Windows 10 doesn’t recognize micro SD card
It’s great that you have an external hard drive to store your files but when you plug it into your Windows 10 computer, you get the error “This device isn’t working properly because Windows can’t manage your storage device.” It’s a known issue with Windows 10, and Microsoft has released a fix for it. All you need to do is visit the following link, and download the fix. http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035583
As you may know, Windows 10 doesn’t support SD (Secure Digital) card. I’ve been using Canon 8 GB SD card for my Canon G9 for quite a few years. It has been working great! However, when I did a reset on my Windows 10 and installed Windows 10 from scratch, my SD card was not recognized.
I really like Windows 10, however, I noticed that when I insert my micro SD card into my PC the PC doesn’t recognize it. I tried on two different PC’s and the same thing happened. I then tried plugging it into my laptop and it recognized it. It is a brand new micro SD card that I just bought. I am not sure what’s going on.
Radu Tyrsina CEO and founder Radu Tyrsina has been a Windows fan since he got his first PC, a Pentium III (a monster at the time). For most kids his age, the Internet was… Read more Updated: 8. June 2021. Published: September 2018
- An SD card reader that does not work with Windows 10 will not allow you to access the data.
- Running the Windows troubleshooter can solve the problem quickly.
- Be sure to update the system and drivers with a third-party driver.
- Always test the SD card on another device to make sure it works.
To solve various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix: This software keeps your drivers up-to-date and protects you from common computer errors and hardware malfunctions. Check all your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click on the Start Scan button to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get the new versions and avoid system crashes.
- DriverFix was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
There are many different bugs related to Windows 10, and in the past we have talked about similar bugs related to SD cards not being recognized by Windows 10. Here are some solutions to micro SD card problems. Many Windows 10 users are complaining about various bugs, and now we are trying to find a solution to the problems with unrecognized Micro SD cards. Here’s what one of the affected users had to say: I have the same problem after reinstalling Win 8 because of a scorpion virus I couldn’t remove. Now I don’t recognize any SD card in my camera. I’m not sure if the device drivers are correct, but I haven’t found what they should be. Does anyone know where I can find the SD drive in device manager?
What should I do if my SD card is not recognized in Windows 10?
- Start the troubleshooter
- Update driver
- Checking for Windows Updates
- Change the drive letter
- Check the SD card on another computer
How do I repair my micro SD card if Windows 10 does not recognize it?
- Press the Windows key + S and type troubleshooting.
- Under Settings, click Troubleshooting.
- Then proceed to the Additional Troubleshooting Tools section.
- Find the item you want and click on it.
2. Driver update
- Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them in compatibility mode.
- Right-click on the driver installation file and select Properties, then the Compatibility tab.
- Select Run this program in compatibility mode and choose an earlier version of Windows supported by the program from the drop-down list.
- Then click on Apply and Ok to install the driver.
- Then restart the computer and see if it works.
Automatic driver update Manually updating the drivers can be tedious. We therefore recommend that you use a third-party utility that can update the drivers automatically. This way you avoid file loss and even permanent damage to your computer. This program not only keeps your drivers up-to-date, but it also constantly checks itself for new versions, so you don’t have to. In most cases, the current drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not updated properly by the system. There are important differences between the generic driver and the manufacturer’s driver. Finding the right driver version for each of your hardware components can be tedious. Therefore, an automated wizard can help you find the right drivers and update your system every time, and we recommend DriverFix.Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the software.
- Wait until all defective drivers are detected.
- DriverFix will show you all drivers that have problems and you only need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait until the application has downloaded and installed the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Make sure the drivers for the components of your PC are working properly without endangering your computer. Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
3. Check for Windows updates
- Press Windows key + S and find Settings.
- Click on Updates and Security.
- Then select Windows Updates and Check for updates.
- Have the system scanned and install the necessary updates.
Sometimes it is enough to install the latest Windows updates, as they usually fix bugs and solve problems.
4. Change disk letter
- Go to Computer Management, then Disk Management, where you will find Card Reader.
- Go to Control Panel, then System and Security and Administrative Tools.
- Click Administrative Tools, then Computer Management.
- In the left pane, under Storage, click Manage Disks.
- The SD card reader should appear, and you should right-click.
- Now select Change drive letter and paths… from the context menu. or Add drive letter.
- Then assign a drive letter to it.
- The SD card reader should appear when you double-click the computer icon.
- However, be careful, you may lose data from the SD card.
5. Check the SD card on another computer
If you cannot solve the SD card not recognized error on your PC, try connecting it to another PC. We strongly recommend that you try it on a different operating system, such as. B. Mac OS or Linux. This ensures that the problem is with your computer and not with the drive itself. If the SD card is defective, it will not work on any device. Are you trying to use an SD card reader, but it’s not working properly? Here’s a great guide to fixing your SD card reader problems once and for all. If you find it there, the problem is a conflict between Windows versions. In this case, more complex measures may be required to correct the problem. Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionSo, how do you use a micro SD card to expand the storage capacity on a Windows 10 PC? Well, some users have been reporting that Windows 10 does not recognize their micro SD card when it is loaded inside of a general-use SD card reader. This leaves some users with no option for expanding the storage on their Windows 10 PC.. Read more about micro sd card not showing up and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my SD card?
I recently upgraded my Samsung Note 4 to Windows 10 and was happy with the performance so far. However, every time I start my computer I am getting this error message “Windows cannot start Windows because the following file is missing or corrupt: \Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts” The error message makes no sense, so I searched online and found several different reasons, none of which I could relate to on my computer. I’m sure many of you have experienced this before: all of a sudden, your phone or tablet just stops recognizing your SD card. Perhaps you plug it into your computer to transfer files to it, or perhaps you just needed to store a few songs on it while you were away. Whatever the case, it’s not uncommon for your phone or tablet to stop recognizing the card. When this happens, you’re hit with an error message that says something like “Windows can’t detect the removable drive.”
Why is my micro SD card not showing up on my computer?
The first time you insert a micro SD memory card into your computer, Windows should automatically detect the card and prompt you to install the appropriate drivers from the device manufacturer. If the card doesn’t show up on your computer, you may have to manually install the drivers. Getting Windows 10 to recognize your micro SD card is easy. You just need to follow the steps below and the SD card should show up on your computer. Step 1: Insert your micro SD card into your computer’s SD card slot. Step 2: Open the Disk Management window. Step 3: Select the disk you want to manage, and right click on it. Step 4: Select “Format” from the pop-up menu. Step 5: If you want to format it as NTFS, click on “Ok” and wait for the formatting to complete. Step 6: If you want to format it as FAT32, click on “Yes” and wait for the formatting to complete.
How can I fix my micro SD card not detected?
My micro SD card stopped being detected in Windows 10. It’s been this way for the past few months, and windows 10 seems to be the only OS that doesn’t see it. So, I thought, I’ll just put a new one in. I purchased a Sandisk Ultra 128 GB micro SD card, and put it in the card reader. It worked fine. I put the micro SD card back into the card slot, and it wasn’t recognized. So, I tried another card, it didn’t work either. A micro SD card is a tiny memory card and has great storage space. It can be used to store music, videos, documents, and other files. There are also some very cheap micro SD cards that are also called Micro SDHC. But what happens if you put a micro SD card into your computer and it doesn’t work? It seems like your micro SD card card isn’t working, but it isn’t. It can sometimes be a hardware problem. Other times, it may be because Windows 10 doesn’t recognize it.
micro sd card not detectedsd card not showing up in device managermicro sd card not showing upsandisk sd card driver windows 10sd card not detected in pcsandisk micro sd card not detected,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Anker 2‑in‑1 USB 3.0 Portable C…,Transcend Card Reader,WEme SD Card Reader U…,Vanja Micro usb otg Adapter a…,Insignia USB 3.0 Memory C…,Onn. SD MicroSD & CompactFl…,See more,sd card not showing up in disk management,micro sd card not detected,sd card not showing up in device manager,micro sd card not showing up,sandisk sd card driver windows 10,sd card not detected in pc,sandisk micro sd card not detected,how to open sd card on windows 10