How to change Windows 11 to classic view [Quick Guide]
Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest operating system for your computer. It has a lot of great features but one of the worst things about it is that there is no way to change the default desktop view that you get when you open a new window. If you switch to the “classic view” your screen will show everything exactly as it was in Windows 7 and earlier. This is a really great feature, but if you’re anything like me you’ll often want to view new windows in classic view, but Windows 10 doesn’t have a way to do that.
Windows has been in the market for years now. The latest version is called Windows 11 and it is the most recent operating system by Microsoft. It has new features like Cortana which can be used to set reminders, reminder to send email and calendar entries, and it can also be used as an assistant. As one would expect, Windows 11 comes with a host of new apps (including Cortana) and the ability to log into Windows using a fingerprint reader.
Windows 10, the latest iteration of Microsoft’s operating system, includes a “Start” tab that shows the most recently used applications. It also includes a “Classic” view, which shows all of the icons in a horizontal layout. While the “Start” tab is a convenient way to access the apps you use most often, new users may find the “Start” tab too cluttered. Learn how to change Windows to classic view in this quick guide.
Vladimir Popescu Editor-in-Chief
Vladimir, who has been an artist all his life and plays professional handball, is also fascinated by all things computer related. With an innate penchant for research and analysis, and an awareness of… Read more
- Microsoft’s latest edition has a few new features, including looks, but some users want Windows 11 to return to its classic look.
- We recommend that you follow this article once you are more familiar with the look and feel of Windows 10.
- Using the settings menu is a valuable option that you should definitely try to change the look.
- The registry editor is one of your most important allies if you want to turn Windows 11 into a classic look in no time.
As you probably know, Microsoft just announced Windows 11, which offers a number of new improvements. The most important are the name and the new look.
We did some research and found that some Windows 11 users want to switch to the classic view. It is very simple, so your effort will be minimal.
Windows 11 lets you restore the classic Start menu, which looks just like it did in the previous operating system, Windows 10.
People argued that they were much more familiar with it, so a return to the classic look is in order.
In this article, we share some of the best options you can use to transform your Windows 11 into a classic look.
How to easily switch from Windows 11 to Classic View
1. Changing the orientation of the taskbar
- Open the settings.
- Move on to customization.
- In the left pane, select Task Window, then the drop-down menu on the right, and choose Left instead of Center.
This option allows you to integrate the desktop start panel into the Windows 10 view by changing its orientation from the center to the bottom left corner of the window.
2. Switching the standard display
- Press the key combination Windows + R.
- When the Run dialog box opens, type regedit and press Enter.
- Go to the next location: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced
- Right-click and create a new DWORD value (32 bits) from the drop-down menu.
- Call it Start_ShowClassicMode.
- Set the value to 1.
- Restart your computer.
Once you log back into Windows 11, you are greeted by the Start menu in the same form as the previous version.
Learn how to resize the taskbar in Windows 11
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- When the Run dialog box opens, type regedit and press Enter.
- Find the nearest location: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced
- Right-click on Advanced, select New, and then click on DWORD value (32-bit).
- Change the name of the button to TaskbarSi and press Enter.
- Double-click on the DWORD you created.
- Change the value from 0 to 2.
This option is useful if you want to change the size of the Windows 11 taskbar. This converts the size of the symbol to a larger model. As you may have noticed above, the value 1 is used for the default symbol size.
Why do I want to upgrade from Windows 11 to Classic?
The change of work type is based on the personal preferences of the users. Therefore, some people might be fans of a simple and familiar mode where you can easily access the information you already know.
Microsoft’s manufacturers saw this coming, so they developed a few backup solutions to return to the classic look.
However, Windows 11 gives you a new look, with modern and cool animations. It also has a well-known recommended section that gives you easy access to recent applications and files.
We hope that the procedures described above have been helpful to you. If this topic is completely new to you, feel free to check out the full article on booting Windows 11.
Remember, we really care about your opinion, so don’t hesitate to share it with us by leaving a comment in the section below.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionWhen most people buy a new PC, they find that the default Windows operating system has been upgraded to Windows 10. At this point, many don’t consider changing the OS because they believe Windows 10 is the best OS available. That is, until you switch to the classic view. Windows 10’s default view is designed for touch screens, and just feels wrong on the desktop. To see how easy it is to change your view back to classic view, just follow these steps:. Read more about windows 10 classic view settings and let us know what you think.
change windows 10 to classic view 2020how to change windows 10 to classic viewwindows 10 classic view settingswindows 10 classic view start menuwindows 10 classic start menu 2020how to change windows 10 desktop back to classic view,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,change windows 10 to classic view 2020,how to change windows 10 desktop back to classic view,how to change windows 10 to classic view,change windows 10 start menu to classic 2020,windows 10 classic view settings,windows 10 classic view start menu,windows 10 classic start menu 2020,change windows 10 start menu to classic shell