5 ways to fix Windows audio services not responding on windows 10
The problems can occur in your windows 10 operating system. When the issue happens in the audio system, you will experience problems with sound recording, audio playback, or some audio functions. Windows 10 has many advantages compared to the previous versions. I personally like the new features and functionality of the latest operating system. But, unfortunately, sometimes we face some unexpected issues that can cause problems. So if you have the same experience and want to fix the problems, look at the following solutions.
The last update, windows 10 creators update, for windows was released in April 2017. Since then windows updates are frequently released, one of them is a windows audio service. Windows audio service is responsible for all the sound that you would hear in your computer. For example, when you hear music, its the windows audio service that is processing all the music and sending the audio files to the sound card to play. However, people are facing issues since the update that windows audio service is not responding.
Last modified: 8. May 2021 Author:-dev D Filed under: Like, Windows.
The Windows 10 Audio Services not responding error message usually means that your audio device is not responding to computer commands or messages. This is a common problem that usually occurs after updating to Windows 10 or installing the latest Windows updates. Outdated or incompatible audio drivers, possibly not running audio services, poor resolution for audio services are common causes of this error. In this article, we are going to show you some effective ways to solve Windows 10 audio unresponsiveness.
Restart audio services
Here is the most effective solution that helps most of the Windows users to solve the audio problems on Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
- The Windows Services console will open, scroll down the list and find Windows Audio. Right click on it and select Restart.
- Now right click again on the recording (Windows audio) and select Properties. Set the start type to Automatic. Click Apply to save the changes and exit.
- Locate the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service. Right click on it and select Restart. Click Start if it’s not running yet.
- Once the process has started, open its properties and select the Auto Start type. Click Apply to save the changes and exit.
- Restart the computer and see if the problem persists.
alt=Start Windows Audio Service width=647 height=461 data-ez=data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/5-ways-to-fix-Windows-audio-services-not-responding-on.jpg />
Running Windows audio components
Also check that all audio components are working.
Press Windows + R, type services.msc and click OK,
Find the following services and make sure they are running. If they are not there, right click on them and click on Run.
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Remote procedure call (RPC)
- Starting the DCOM server process
Also, make sure all these services are set to Automatic. After running the processes (if they are disabled), check whether the problem is solved or not.
Adding a new user account to the system
Another effective solution mentioned by the Windows users helps them to solve the sound problem on Windows 10.
- Press Windows + S, type cmd, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type net localgroup administrators /add networkservice and press Enter.
- Then type net localgroup Administrators /add localservice and press Enter.
- Wait for the commands to complete and reboot the system.
- Now check if this solution helped you solve the problem.
alt=Add a new user account to the system width=761 height=512 data-ez=data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/5-ways-to-fix-Windows-audio-services-not-responding-on.png />
Installing a Realtek or high definition audio device
This problem is also caused by outdated or incompatible audio drivers. Many users have reported that installing the driver for High Definition Audio Device solved their problem.
- Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager,
- This will display a list of drivers for all installed devices, find the Sound, Video and Game Controller category and expand it.
- Right click on your audio device and select Update Driver.
- Now the option whether the drivers should be installed automatically or manually appears. Select Search for drivers on my computer.
- Now select Let me choose from a list of drivers available on my computer.
- Select High Definition Audio Device and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Restart the computer and see if the problem is resolved.
alt=High Definition Audio Device width=730 height=520 data-ez=data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1620571595_208_5-ways-to-fix-Windows-audio-services-not-responding-on.jpg />
Configuring the Windows Registry
If you still need help, change the Windows registry key by following these steps, which should solve the problem.
- Press Windows + R, type regedit and press OK.
- The Windows Registry editor will open, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Services and AudioEndPointBuilder one by one. Now choose the options.
- Search for ServiceDll in the right pane and review the information in the Data column.
- If these values are not %SystemRoot%System32AudioEndPointBuilder.dll, please change them.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer.
alt=Audio service not responding reg tweak width=817 height=525 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1620571597_157_5-ways-to-fix-Windows-audio-services-not-responding-on.jpg />
Troubleshooting audio start-up
- Press Windows + I to open the settings, then go to Update & Security.
- From the menu on the left, select Troubleshooting and then the Advanced Troubleshooting link,
- Now select Playback under Get Started, then click Run Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions,
- This will automatically detect and fix the error audio services not responding on Windows 10.
alt=playing audio troubleshooter width=910 height=579 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1620571599_239_5-ways-to-fix-Windows-audio-services-not-responding-on.jpg />
Press the key combination Windows + R, type rstrui.exe and press Enter to open the System Restore Wizard, then follow the on-screen instructions to restore the system changes to the previous operating state.
Otherwise, open a command prompt as administrator and run the sfc /scannow utility to scan the system files. Let the scanning process finish. This will help you if damaged or missing system files are causing the Windows audio service to not respond.
Also read :
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about audio services not responding windows 10 hp and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix my audio service not working?
You’re trying to play some music or a video, and your speakers aren’t working. Maybe you’ve got earphones plugged in, but no sound is coming out of them. It’s a simple enough problem, but how do you fix it? Fixing audio issues on your PC is not something that most people find too appealing. However, if you find your audio service is not working properly, it is important to fix this problem as quickly as possible. If you do not, you could potentially be cutting off your ability to use your PC. Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can go about fixing audio service issues on your PC. While these methods do vary, one thing remains the same: you should always start with the basics.
Why is my audio not working Windows 10?
For years, the Audio Service has been a vital part of Windows, handling a lot of the computer’s sound functions. However, since Windows 10 was released, several users have been reporting that the Audio Service starts acting up, appearing as a blank window in the Task Manager and not responding to the user’s actions. This can lead to a number of problems, especially for gamers who rely on audio cues to navigate their games. If your audio is not working on Windows 10, there are a few different things you can try. First, navigate to the volume mixer (click the windows icon, then sound and then adjust the volume), and try adjusting the volume. If that does not work, uninstall the audio driver, then download and install the most recent driver. If that doesn’t work, restart the computer.
How do I enable audio services in Windows 10?
The audio service is an essential part of Windows 10, and it must be running for the operating system to deliver the functionality users expect from the platform. If you’ve tried to install or use an audio service, but it doesn’t seem to work, first try restarting the service to see if that fixes the problem. If not, use the troubleshooting steps listed below to help resolve the issue. Windows 10 will be Windows as a Service. Starting with Windows 10, we will be building Windows in a more open and participatory way, working with our Windows Insiders and our enterprise customers to jointly create the best Windows ever. Each and every Insider build is tested by our team for quality and reliability and we appreciate all the feedback you’ve provided to help us make Windows 10 great. This is why we are excited to announce our next step in the evolution of the Windows Insider program.
Feedback,audio services not responding 2020audio services not responding windows 7audio services not responding windows 10 redditwindows audio service stoppingaudio services not responding windows 10 2004how to fix audio services not responding windows 10,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,audio services not responding windows 10 2004,how to fix audio services not responding windows 10,audio services not responding windows 10 lenovo,audio services not responding windows 10 hp,audio services not responding 2020,audio services not responding windows 7,audio services not responding windows 10 reddit,windows audio service stopping